I was tagged by Kara (go visit her!), and I have now finally found the time to tell you 11 random things about me and then to answer the 11 questions from Kara.
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section like “you are tagged if you are reading this”. You (the blogger) legitimately have to tag 11 (or so) people.
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I have lived in three different countries: Germany, the U.S.A. and Denmark.
2. I don’t have a driver’s license.
3. On my way to Michigan, my visum got lost by the ground staff at the airport in Switzerland. Therefore, I couldn’t take the flight to Chicago, and I needed to stay at the airport over night. Being only 16, this was the worst night of my life.
4. I am left-handed.
5. I’ve worked at a store called “Bagel Park”. That meant free bagels- as many as I can eat. I miss eating bagels.
6. I was a coffee drinker for a long time, but now I prefer tea. Lots of tea.
7. I was a vegetarian for 5 years. I started eating meat again when I was in the States. Nowadays, I do eat meat, but not a lot. I would never cook anything with meat myself.
8. I went to 5 different schools.
9. I have dyslexia. Luckily, when I was younger, my parents sent me to a private school two times a week for 2 hours each, and now I can happily say that I am a lot better in spelling.
10. Every 30th of December, I will be on a Die Happy concert. They play in Hamburg on that day every year, and my first 30th of December was in 2008.
11. My biggest dream was to become a police officer, but I can’t because my eyesight is too poor and I am too afraid to get them corrected.
11 questions from Kara:
1. What is your favorite fitness-related piece of advice?
I think it is important to listen to your body. I didn’t listen when my knee started to hurt last summer, so it got worst and I couldn’t walk for a month. I still have troubles with it, mostly when it is colder, so after my run last Sunday, my knees started to hurt again.
2. Favorite musical artist?
I love the music Greg Holden makes.
3. What’s the most challenging race you’ve ever run (could be the actual course, the mental aspect of it, etc…any reason at all)?
My first half marathon in 2008 was really challenging. It was in the end of June and probably the hottest day of the year.
4. Best vacation you’ve ever taken?
My first trip to the United States of America. I had never been so far away from my hometown before and I saw a lot of great things. My parents, my brother and I went on a road trip through Colorado and the surrounding states, and after that, we fly to Florida to visit the places my parents had some time ago. If you are not American, and are planning on taking a flight across the countries, have fun with the security, who will probably treat you as theorists ;).
5. What’s your go-to dinner recipe?
Mh, can’t think of one.
6. Name a non-fitness related hobby (or two!).
I enjoy reading and meeting friends.
7. Favorite fitness accessory?
I can’t live without the Thera-Band.
8. What’s your dream race? What event would you sign up for if money/ability/travel/time etc weren’t factors?
I really want to race the Kona Ironman once in my life. I don’t care if it happens in the next 10 years or if I have to wait until I am 60.
9. Who motivates and inspires you most?
Chrissie Wellington is really inspiring. She’s great! She is running with her fans in Germany on Saturday, and I would actually travel to Cologne only to run with Chrissie, but I have my (finally last) exam on Tuesday, so it’s not going to happen. Would you like visit me in little Denmark, Chrissie? You are invited!
10. Name a goal you have for 2012.
Run a sub 2h half marathon!
11. Favorite funny YouTube clip:
11 Questions for YOU!
1. If you could live anywhere, where would you life?
2. What are you most proud of?
3. Coffee or Tea?
4. What is your favorite dessert?
5. What time do you usually go to bed?
6. Favorite breakfast?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. Most inspiring person you know?
9. If you had all the money it the world, what would you do?
10. What makes you sad?
11. What’s the first thing you do when you come home at the end of the day?