Happy New Year everyone! I hope you will have a great start into 2012.
I am not a big fan of New Year’s Resolutions. In fact, I belive that if you want to stop smoking, eat healthier, or do more exercises, you shouldn’t wait until the next year. Do it now or never, right? Nevertheless, I also learned that it is fun to make a list with goals in order to have a feeling of success. So, here we go:
Nina’s 2012 resolutions:
- Run 3 half-Marathons: I haven’t signed up for any of them yet, but I am planning to run the Hamburg Half-Marathon on June 24 . Also, I want to run a half-marathon in Denmark while living there, but I am not sure which one yet. All in all, I plan to run three half-marathons in 2012.
- Run a sub- 2-hour half marathon: I ran my first and last half marathon in 2008, and I finished with a time of 02:21:36. Still, I am comfortable that I will be able to run a sub 2 hour half marathon, because I have learned a lot since that first half marathon. I started running about 4 month before this race and I always ran as long as I could. My training had absolutely no variety. Also, I run the race with a friend that was slower than I and had more troubles during the race. I stayed on her side until mile 11 or 12, and I believe that I could have finished faster when running alone, but my goal for my first half marathon was simply to finish and I did not care much about the time.
- Decide if 2012 is the year of my first marathon: I had some troubles with my knees last summer. Sometimes, I can still feel that there is “something”. I say it like this because I cannot say it hurts. It doesn’t. But I feel that my knee is not fully ok, and I don’t want to push it. Therefore, I will start training for a marathon, but I will not sign up before I am 100% sure that my body is able to run the whole distance.
- Get my Bachelor-degree: I am planning on being done this summer.
- Learn how to crawl: Someday, I would like to do a triathlon, but I think I would embarrass myself swimming like I swim right now. So I actually know how to crawl, but I am not very fast and I can only do it for a short time, and therefore I want to learn how to crawl more effective.
- Visit Copenhagen: I’ve been living in Denmark for ½ years now, but I haven’t made it to the capital city yet. I do not know if I will stay in Denmark after graduation, so it is definitely time to visit in 2012!
- Do outside climbing: I started indoor climbing in September 2011 and I really like it. When I started, I said that I would have no intention to climb outside, but now I think it would be nice to try it out.
- Read 12 books: I wanted to read one book each month, but I probably wouldn’t meet this goal. I am already busy with exams in January.
- Try out Motions Boxing at my Gym: I have planned to try out this class for a while now, but I haven’t done it yet. In 2012, I will!
- Try out Bootcamp at my Gym: I have no idea what they do in Bootcamp, but somehow the name of this class scares me. Still, would be cool to do it, right?
- Try hot Bikram Yoga: I do not really enjoy yoga, and I usually get cold doing it. Yes, I know, I probably do it wrong then. In 2012 I want to try Bikram Yoga, maybe I like yoga more when I am not freezing as much.
Have you made any New Year’s Resolutions this year?