I turned 24 yesterday (gosh, I’m old) and even though I am looking forward to the next 12 month, it’s going to be freaking hard to make my 24th year even better than the last one.
To honor the best year yet, I have made a list of things that have made the last amazing.
- I went from unemployed to being an intern and learned tons about corporate communications.
- I cut my hair shorter. And then, a little sorter.
- I made a trip down to Bavaria and met amazing personalities.
- I went from being my own crappy coach to a coached athlete. (And back to a coach-less runner, but that is another post)
- I ran my first international race.
- I ran my first half marathon in under two hours.
- I became a triahlete and finished my first triathlon, something I had dreamed of since 2008.
- I also swam in open water for the first time, and loved it!
- I became a marathoner.
- I left my internship for a big girl job!
- I found out who my real friends are, and who aren’t.
- I got my first blue toenail, which finally made me a real runner. (sarcasm, friends)
- First season on my road bike and I never once crushed. (Well, that would have sucked)
- My name was in a running magazine and so was a picture of mine (well, which a few others) another.
- I went to see Rocky-The Musical, and found out I would never ever want to see a boxing match in real live, which is good, too.
- I run a race together with my Mum for the first time.
- I volunteered for a race for the first time. Packing bags with race bibs etc. for a lot of triathletes isn’t that much fun, but I now appreciate volunteers even more!
- I bought a 300 Euro purse and it’s my favorite of all time. It was on sale and I only spent 160 €, tough.
- I loved the reunion with my favorite girls from university!
What was the best thing in the last 12 month for you?